The Magothy River Association will hold its seventh annual “State of the Magothy River” presentation on Wednesday, February 18, 2009, starting at 6:30 PM. The meeting will feature the annual Magothy River Index and a report on the Magothy Watershed Conference held in January.
1) 2008 Magothy River Index. Prepared by Dr. Peter Bergstrom, NOAA and MRA. (Produced each year since 2003)
2) The first Magothy River Watershed Conference. Presented by Dot Leonard, Ocean Equities
3) New MRA Committees – Education/Action; Stormwater Runoff; Zoning/Enforcement.
1. Arlington Echo Watershed Academy
2. Bayland Consultants, Mill & Dividing Creek Study
3. Friends of Dobbins Island
4. Watershed Action Group (WAG) – Cypress Creek Stream Restoration
6. Magothy River Land Trust – Conservation Easements in the Magothy Watershed
7. MRA Team Science Diver
8. Magothy Aquatic Health
9. Seasonal Variation in Biodiverstiy on Oyster Reefs
And other displays or posters.
Doors and displays open at 6:30. Program to start at 7:00. Following the presentations, there will be refreshments and time to visit the displays and chat with watershed residents and the experts. Anyone interested in clean water, healthy fish, living oyster reefs and limiting suburban effects on the Magothy are urged to attend.
Date: Wednesday February 18, 2009
Place: Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, West Campus
CALT 100 (Applied Learning & Technology)
(use Parking Lot G, F, or E closest to Ritchie)
directions at: http://www.aacc.cc.md.us/locationsandmaps/maps.cfm
Doors open 6:30 P.M., program 7:00-9:00 PM
Refreshments will be served
For Information call: Paul Spadaro, President of Magothy River Association, 410-647-8772, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.magothyriver.org
In case of inclement weather, if the college is closed, the program is postponed.
College closings are announced on WNAV radio (1430 AM) and on the college web site, http://www.aacc.edu/