Do you, family, or friends enjoy spending time on the Magothy River? Would you like to find out how you can help to protect and restore this precious resource? Would you like to hear about all of the great things happening on your river?
The Magothy River Association will hold its sixth annual “State of the Magothy River” presentation on Wednesday, February 20, 2008, starting at 7:00 PM. The meeting will feature the annual Magothy River Index (with a new format this year) and a Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail overview.
1) 2007 Magothy River Index. Prepared by Dr. Peter Bergstrom, NOAA and MRA. (Produced each year since 2003)
2) Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail overview – Sarah Bransom, National Park Service
3) MRA Creek Watchers – Carl Treff, MRA Volunteer Coordinator
4) Update on the Magothy River Oyster Plan – Dick Carey, MRA Dive Coordinator/Dive Safety Officer
1. Friends of Dobbins Island
2. Bayland Consultants, Mill & Dividing Creek Study
3. Severna Park Watershed Action Group display on North Cypress Branch
4. Department of Natural Resources-Natural Resources Police – Vessel Management Plan & Boating Safety
5. National Aquarium in Baltimore
6. Magothy River Land Trust – Conservation Easements in the Magothy Watershed
7. MRA Team Diver Poster: “Scientific Divers of the Magothy River for Boating and Diver Safety.”
8. MRA – Oyster Reefs in the Magothy River
9. Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail
Doors and displays open at 6:30. Program to start at 7:00. Following the presentations, there will be refreshments and time to visit the displays and chat with watershed residents and the experts. Are you interested in clean water, healthy fish, living oyster reefs and limiting suburban effects on the Magothy? Come and see how you can help!
Date: Wednesday February 20, 2008
Place: Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, West Campus
Cade (Fine Arts) 219 (use Parking Lot F, closest to Ritchie)
directions at: http://www.aacc.cc.md.us/locationsandmaps/maps.cfm
Doors open 6:30 P.M., program 7:00-9:00 PM
Refreshments will be served
For Information call: Paul Spadaro, President of Magothy River Association, 410-647-8772, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our web page: www.magothyriver.org
In case of inclement weather, if the college is closed, the program is postponed. College closings are announced on WNAV radio (1430 AM) and on the college web site, http://www.aacc.edu